Do you want to work with a market-leading solution, front-line technology and team-up with driven, dedicated and skilled people?
inriver is a highly ambitious global company with great growth in the SaaS industry. At inriver, you are guided by our values and work in an entrepreneurial atmosphere. You team up with amazingly talented people where our strong High Five culture provides a collaborative platform supporting our globally growing organization.
About The Job
We're looking for a passionate Product Operations Manager to join our Product Management team, to help us achieve our product vision by enabling an effective, outcome-focused product organization and a product-centric company to achieve the best customer, business, and portfolio outcomes.
This role will help build out the Product Operations function and report directly to the Director of Product Management. The right candidate will have the opportunity to work with innovative customers and fantastic internal engineering, analytics, product management, and UX teams to transform inriver. Given that inriver is at an exciting growth stage, this role can quickly drive meaningful impact for our customers and business. The role could be placed in one of our offices, Malmö, Stockholm or Amsterdam and fully remote is also a possibility.
One of the critical responsibilities of a Product Ops Manager is to increase the efficiency of the product team by collecting, organizing, and analyzing product data to help product management make informed decisions.
The role is focused on streamlining the product development processes across the entire organization, increasing efficiency, helping to make a better product, and ultimately improving customer engagement.
Analyze data into product insights for the PM team; Strengthen product feedback loop by collecting, organizing, and analyzing product data and user feedback to help PMs make better-informed product decisions.
Give voice to our most essential users; Guide the systems and processes that help us understand and share product feedback to evaluate whether products and features have the impact they were designed to have, solve the problems they were designed to solve and whether messaging is resonating with users as intended.
Cross-departmental collaboration; Streamlining communication between the product teams and other teams in the organization and using their product insights to identify areas for improvement and informed business decisions
Process and guidelines; Develop processes, tools, and systems that drive standardization through operational rigor in business processes, such as planning, reporting, customer interviews, customer advisory boards, and user testing, across domains to facilitate product development.
Enable the product team to run more experiments; Promote product innovation by creating a seamless and systematic methodology of product experimentation
Managing the product management tool stack; Creating the best practices for using them across the organization to ensure effective employment of resources and maximize customer value in the product delivery
Product improvements; Overseeing product quality assurance and identifying product improvement opportunities
Setting up onboarding and training programs; To keep the team at its best performance and deliver on its potential
Build trust; Become a credible resource across the organization for aligning with Product Management.
Lead with engagement; Coach and enable the product team to do excellent qualitative and quantitative research and learn first-hand.
Improve our roadmaps. Build, scale, and maintain programs that drive strategic priorities from ideation to implementation through solid program management principles and hands-on leadership. Distill qualitative and quantitative data into concise and impactful stories that represent the user's needs, desires, and pains.
- Experience in Product Ops, Product Management or similar role
- You have the drive and structure of a Project Manager
- Experienced data analyst and the related tool stack (e.g., Pendo, Amplitude, or similar)
- Ability to see the patterns - experience from transforming data into actionable insights
- Process development experience
- Broad experience from the SaaS industry (Product, Service, Marketing, and Operations)
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Proven ability in capturing and defining requirements
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks
- Solid understanding of a modern software technology stack
- Solid understanding of the marketing technology landscape
- BS/BA in IT computer science or equivalent
- Business English language skills required
- Experience from and domain knowledge within PIM, eCommerce, and Data Management is beneficial
- Structured and operational rigor
- Analytical and result oriented
- Business-oriented and value driver
- Strategic mindset and broad perspective on issues
- Takes personal responsibility for own work tasks, both when experiencing success and setback
- Persistent in your assignments
- Ability to lead teams and projects
- Communicate persuasively and articulate value through stories and impactful value propositions.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional attitude - be able to present dynamically through storytelling. Drive a culture of knowledge sharing
Live the core values & the High five culture!
- be curious
- have fun
- work smart
- take responsibility
- No one is as smart as all of us!
If you like what you see - you might well be our next inrivierian. We look forward to hearing from you!